The articulatory approach is a very captivating research topic, but it’s relatively hard, and is based on a hefty amount of multidisciplinary documents and results. Germane papers and books are somewhat old or difficult to find. This is my list of selected resources:
- Gunnar Fant – Acoustic Theory of Speech Production
- James L. Flanagan – Speech Analysis, Synthesis and Perception
- Kenneth N. Stevens – Acoustic Phonetics
- Paul Boersma – Functional Phonology
- J. M. Pickett – The Acoustics of Speech Communication
- D. G. Childers – Speech Processing and Synthesis Toolboxes
- A. Seikel, D. King and D. Drumright – Anatomy and Physiology for Speech, Language and Hearing. Lovely book.